8.29.2006

Genius Artistry

Flynn was in the livingroom drawing on her magna doodle.
"Mommy, come wook."
Me - ignoring her.
"Mommy...Wook!"
Me- still ignoring her (I'm really good at it).
"Mommmmmy! Wook at my TURKEY!"
Me- realizing I've been ignoring her, decide to finally stop washing dishes and go look at scribbles that she calls a turkey.
But I had not prepared myself for this genius, prodigy, work:




Now I know that everyone thinks their child is talented, the best, above normal. But I have enough education in early childhood to know that 2 year olds should only be capable of heads and maybe some eyes. This girl draws legs, arms, mouths, ears, noses, rosey cheeks & eyes (last night she even drew PUPILS within the eyes!). And on this turkey masterpiece, she has a side profile (which is rather ingenious in & of itself) with not only eyes & a beak, but that red thing that hangs below it & that ugly nob on the head.
I had to take a picture because I knew in just a matter of time, the drawing would be erased. I also knew Jeff or any other adult wouldn't believe the marvel I'd try to explain (they'd be imagining her tracing her hand like a turkey & putting some eyes down), not THIS!
Awww, pride....aaahhh chest puffed up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FJ - you rock!

XOXOX, Gammy