Flynn was watching her daddy outside. He's been slaving away, working at rebuilding a playset that was given to us by Flynn's girl cousins.
I've taught her to admire him. Always admonishing all that he does. For the days that he's been working at this, I've commented,
"Daddy is working hard for you guys to have a fun playset. He's such a good daddy that he's doing that for you."
And for a little added guilt...
"Not all Daddies do things like that. Your Dad is special."
So she chimed in,
"He's strong."
"Yep, he is strong."
"Why is he strong?"
"Because that's how God made Him. God made Daddies strong."
"He is so strong. He is stronger than you. He's stronger than you Mom."
And when I wouldn't reply...
"MOM, he's stronger than you."
"Yep Flynn, he's stronger than me."
Then, the other day, the kids were playing with marbleworks, my most recent & awesome garage sale purchase. I admit, no clue, no clue how to assemble the thing. I tried, but it all looked very confusing.
"Flynn you'll have to wait 'til Daddy gets home to figure this out."
"Dad's smart."
"Yes, Daddy's very smart."
"Mom, Daddy's smart...but you're not."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment