6.02.2007

Happy Fifth Anniversary!



Five years ago I was sweating, scared, & popping a zanix.


I was hoping it wouldn't rain, hoping the heat index wouldn't get any higher...and praying I wouldn't forget the words the song I'd be singing.




I was nervous.... we'd done everything ourselves & on a very tight budget. This made me worried, did I forget something, would I do everything okay?


I waited in a room at my parents after I'd gotten ready. I peeked out to see who had shown up for our big day, then I saw Dan leading Jeff & his friend Mike out to their places. My stomach did a flip-flop when I saw him. How did I get such a gorgeous man?


My parents' place was so beautiful. And despite the fact that he was about to melt, Jeff looked more handsome than ever.


So it went off without a hitch. Everyone nearly died of heat, but it was beautiful. And I'll forever hold the memory & think of it everytime I drive up my parents' road.


The wedding was important, but even more important than that is the fact that our marriage is so incredible. There was a big chunk of time in the beginning where I kept waiting... because surely someone can't be as perfect as Jeff is. I seemed to always be expecting the other shoe to drop....


But it never did. And through all we've experienced, Jeff still is pretty darn close to perfect.


Happy 5th Anniversary Jeff. I love you... and am looking forward to spending fifty more anniversaries with you.


No comments: