Before then, I just thought they were curious little fellows & enjoyed lying on my back, staring up at the trees, watching their leaps & peculiar habits.
Then, we started feeding the
For a while, we'd quickly slide the door open, maybe make some startling noise.
But that only scared the neighbors, who probably dropped their cigarettes or wrecked their bus.
Then, we started throwing rocks at them. We even kept a rock stash right by the door, for even quicker shots.
But, then one day with my perfect shot, I cracked the glass of our $30 birdfeeder.
It made my hatred for the yard rats, all that much more intense.
So we bought a plastic one.
And then, my wilderness loving MIL, gave us her old bb gun.
And the fun began.
I longed for the chance to shoot those things, as they stole food from the birds.
They thought they were so smart, running off as soon as they heard me cock the gun or touch the handle of the door.
I even had Flynn's help, "MOM!!!! It's a SKA'WIRRELLLLLL! SHOOT IT!!!!"
One day, when we have a little more time, we're going to do something about them. (clicky click)
1 comment:
where can I get one of these - ASAP?
Post a Comment