11.20.2007

Reasons I Probably Shouldn't Be in Charge of Children

FLynn got a utensil set for her bday. You know that cute line from Target, "Play Wonder."
Anywho, I got out a big giant (Halloween) bowl for her to "cook" in.
And what you do for one, you do for another...
I got out the matching bowl for Gabe, along with some of my safe utensils.
He was cooking too.

Before I knew it, the cooking had ended & Flynn had taken things up a notch...

She had taken the two large bowls & was hopping from one to another, like they were lily pads in a pond. She was even taking a frog stance, squatting down on one, prepping to hop to the next.

This is where a good mother would scold her child, remove them from the situation, put away said inappropriate toys, & redirect her child to a safe setting.

But not me.

I looked at what she was doing, knowing she probably shouldn't. I also thought how fun it looked & how I wish I could do it, except I'd turn the bowl into a saucer.

I looked at her socked feet & how when she'd take frog position, her feet would start to slide.

So I said what every bad mother would say,

"If you take off your socks, your feet will have better traction & won't slide."

Please don't call DFS.

No comments: