9.22.2010

My Fantastic First Grader

Flynn is doing fabulous in first grade, just as we would've predicted. She is in her class with her Daisy Buddy Madelyn. They can be seen walking in the parade behind their teacher, hands held.
Flynn has even started to adapt her cackle to sound more like her pal's giggle.

Flynn has aced every single spelling test. She has aced reading tests. Almost aced all her math tests.

She has mixed feelings about me being her class neighbor. She doesn't seem to mind being able to zip into my class when the car-riders are dismissed. Then she's able to sit in my chair, behind my desk, showing off as she picks up my new(-to-me) iPhone & starts taking photos of my little first grade sweeties who are lining up for their departure.
But the feedback I've gotten from her is, "I wish you were still at your building Mom. Then I would get to ride the bus. I miss it."
WHO MISSES GETTING ONTO A HOT SMELLY BUS & WAITING & WAITING?

My girl. That's who.

1 comment:

Kim said...

My girl does too - having only road a school bus in preschool on a field trip...she misses that more than anything. I guess it's a kid thing! LOL

PS. A friend just blessed me with her iphone...you'll have to share some tricks of the trade when you get used to yours! I KNOW you're going to love that FREE price scanner app!