My students sit in 'pods' (I call them) -- groups of desks - 4 or 5. The students are faced inward & then, have a bit of opportunity to talk amongst themselves if necessary.
I was 'layin' out the law a couple of weeks ago. I told them their musts & must-nots & followed my speech by, "...and NO monkey business."
I continued my march around the pods of desks when I heard in a small voice, "What's monkey business?" The question was 'answered' by a fellow pod-neighbor who replied in an even smaller voice, "I thinks it's like bee's wax."
1.22.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lol - I remember "pods" inth grade we sat in pods...well - I say "we" but I really didn't get to sit in one for long...talking always got me into trouble (imagine that:) Had to sit almost the WHOLE year next to the teacher cause I couldn't be quite...lol.
Post a Comment