I felt the sky tumblin' down, tumblin'....
Okay, well maybe it wasn't quite that extreme; but, nonetheless.
It was yesterday morning & I had just set the bigger kids up with some playdough so I could nurse Gabe in some peace. As I was walking from the kitchen to the livingroom, I heard a LOUD boom & the house rattled.
A couple years ago, they were doing lots of dynamite-ing to an area within eyeshot of our backyard. The noise was very similar to that & my immediate reaction was "they're doing that again??" Then, when that didn't seem all too logical, I thought that perhaps it was a really loud clap of thunder. Which would've been REALLY loud, as the windows rattled & the floor vibrated.
Well, I haven't exactly the type of schedule which allows me to linger & dwell on each detail of my day (even given that the detail happened to be record-making). So, I went on about my 'work', preparing the Perry Dairy for milk time.
And actually, I didn't give it another thought. Until Jeff sat down at the computer at bedtime & gave me the news:
See? -- who says my days are uneventful?
No comments:
Post a Comment