And the binky is good bye-o!
Yep, day 3 of no binky. And can I tell you? -- aside from the first day, it was easier than I thought. The toughest part of all of it is trying to get him settled down at night. The binky was a sedative of sorts. His nightcap. And now it just takes our strength of 'convincing him' that he's ready for bed.
A little sad I am. It's just yet another step, like weaning from the bottle, like learning to walk... steps closer to boyhood, and steps away from being my baby boy.
Who am I kidding.... he'll always be my baby boy.
9.05.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What? My dear little 2 year old GRANDson is on the wagon! I am speechless and deeply saddened by the ruthlessness of this situation!
Well, let me just say this ... Grammy is a bit sad too! I loved how his eyes would 'glaze' over when he'd spy his beloved binky OR when he would (by sheer accident, of course ;-) run across his binky as he'd dig in the diaper bag/pack pack. He'd simply just 'curl up and melt' with the anticipation of the pleasure of binky-dom.'
Thus - another mile-stone for those who love Gabe 'as is'!
And so it goes - Gabe grows up and older ... so does Grammy ;-(
I think GRAMMY needs to have a blog.
Post a Comment