When Flynn was way-layed during her first game, she cried. Which was a shock to me as she never cries. And has such a high pain tolerance that sometimes I worry that she won't know if she's broken an arm or something.
During that game, she kept crying & wanting me to hold her, but I was all, "Go play. Get out there with your team, they need you. You're fine."
Later, we talked about why she was crying so hard & she told me, "I was embarassed."
'What in the world do you know about being embarassed?' I thought. Just wait 'til you walk out of a small gas station bathroom past a long line of people waiting, only to find out from your nieces, that the toilet paper you used as a toilet seat guard actually stuck to your behind & was currently spilling out of your pants.
Not that that happened or anything. really.
Today, at her soccer game, she was playing left defense, right by the row of parents, proudly sitting & watching. When she told Jeff, "I'm nervous!"
What does she know about nervous?
She is wise beyond her 3.97 years. And is keeping us on our toes.
We're in trouble in about 10 years. Lord help us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment