Our dear friend Shawn, lost her dad this morning. He had been fighting ALS (lou gehrig's) & PSP (http://www.psprecognition.com/).
My immediate reaction was to cry, "We're too young for one of us to lose a dad." But that's selfish, he went through a lot the last two years...probably worst of which included his loss of independence.
My memory of Les is of his quiet wit. When I close my eyes & imagine him, I have memories of how gentle & loving he was with Alex. They always hosted our friend get togethers, as they had the largest house & a basement full of fun.
Our prayers are with Sandi & Shawn & Jay. We love you guys.
The strange thing is that I thought of Les all morning. And I watched this video this morning. You really want to see this video BUT have kleenex nearby.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WjPrL3n63yg&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b
7.13.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your friend's dad. That was an awesome video. Thanks for sharing.
Amy - Thanks for sharing that video...sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's dad. There is another video with this father/son on www.sermonspice.com...it's AWESOME too...have some MORE kleenex!!! Kim Ritter
Post a Comment