7.03.2006

Independence Day

Happy Fourth!


We had a fun time Saturday, at my Aunt Christine's annual Fourth bash. These people are SERIOUS about the fireworks & honestly put the VP Fair (am I aging myself by calling it that?) to shame. Not to mention, we sit on the hillside, or rather, lay on the hillside...right by the lake. The beautiful fireworks are set off above us.
Gabe slept through them. And Flynn requested her brother's sunglasses (she's really into protective eyewear & UV protection right now). As you can see in the picture below, where she took a fashionable break here.

And not pictured, are her toes, which I thematically painted red. YES, I painted them red. Me, the one who said I would NOT paint my little girl's toes or pierce her ears. I still won't pierce her ears ('til she's like 13), but the toes... just too darn cute when they're painted.
I sang a little karaoke while Flynn got in front of me & shook it for all she's worth. This girl could win a contest for bootie shakin'.
She's THAT GOOD.
We also got a glimpse into our road trip future. As Flynn wailed most of the two hour trip home. O Lord, what are we going to do with the 14 hr trip to PCB, FL? I believe I ?'ed in an earlier blog about the ethics of drugging your children for a stupid-long car ride. But no one responded. People, it was not a rhetorical question.
Yesterday morning, after getting about 2 quality hours of sleep, I have to admit... I groaned (INSIDE my head) at the thought of getting up & going to church & teaching kids. But it didn't take long (especially after seeing the kids in their adorable outfits...pictured below) 'til I remembered how lucky we are. We get to wake up on a Sunday & go to church. A church of our own choosing & worship the way WE choose. Worship OUR God. And while we're at that particular church of our own choosing, we don't have to fear that someone might bust in with guns. Or that the government will find out & imprison us. We have that freedom. A freedom we quite often advantage of. I'm thankful. Thankful to God and to our soldiers and to live in a country with that freedom & so many others. I could've been born in any other country, but God chose this as my home. And I'm so glad.

**Happy Birthday America**

No comments: