


We pulled off the 60th party for my mom Sunday. She had almost as many people there as we did our wedding! A lot of friends & of course, the Simpsons do it up right with a TON of food. I've never had to put on a shindig w/o the help of my mom...so, needless to say, I'm still exhausted today. My mom has never had a party in her honor; no big wedding, no graduation party, no milestone parties, so a party for her was long overdue. It's not technically her b'day for another week or so, but I'm afraid that day (we'll be getting ready to leave for 'cation) I'll be too busy to post a shout out to her. SO...Mom, Happy Birthday. Thank you for spending the better part of 60 years sacrificing & taking good care of us.
My kids' highlights of Nana's big day? Riding Jack, the Norris horse. When Gabe saw Uncle Dan galloping up, he spit out his binky & squealed. He took a ride around, then when returned to me, I reached up to get him. He was so mad, he did the back arch & threw his head back...looked at Dan, as if to say, "Take him around again, before she gets me!" So, he got his way. Flynn loved it almost as much, as Cousin Mo was her chauffeur.
Now...onto the Potty part of this entry. And I hesitated even sharing this as it makes me look like a horrible neglectful mom & makes Jeff look like a gross, sloppy careless Dad (he's not gross or careless usually).
I was busy doing something with Flynn. Honestly, I don't remember, being that I give her about 70% of my time each day (squeaky wheel). Could've been an art project, could've been facilitating a temper tantrum or enforcing time out. Who knows, not the point.
I did see Gabe heading down the hall to our bedroom....but didn't think twice about it as I keep it childproof. However, Jeff did not shut his bathroom...
nor did he close the toilet lid...
NOR DID HE FLUSH.
After about 30 seconds of him out of my view, I went to check on him. As I rounded the corner & saw Jeff's bathroom door open, I thought, "Eww, gross, that floor is always nasty." (since it's HIS bathroom, I quit nagging him to clean it & just warn anyone wanting to use it) BUT, that was NOT the nasty part.
When I approach the bathroom, that's when I see it....
what has became #1 on the nastiest things I've seen as a parent...
Gabe playing in his dad's urine.
Now you see why I almost didn't share it.
Then I called my doctor to up my dosage of my blood pressure medication
No comments:
Post a Comment