No, I don't mean Jeff & I... I mean Jeff & The kids.
Every week I spend a night at work. Not the 'whole' night, but I'm gone 5-6 hours; so it's definitely a Daddy night for the kids.
Jeff could spend the bare minimum, meaning, he could just 'get by.' You know, make sure they don't eat anything poisonous or set the house ablaze... be sure they get supper & are put in bed at a decent time. But that's not all he does.
The nights Mommy works is "Popcorn Night." He & Flynn make popcorn. Since she can't have microwave kind, they make it from scratch (which is better anyway!). They play hard & if it's a bath night, they get a bath.
When I start to feel sad that we can't buy our kids lots of stuff, these are the things I remember. Because I know, these are the things they'll remember. They aren't going to remember if they had a Barbie Jeep or the $200 Buttercup Pony. They aren't going to remember that when we go to Target, they get a toy to play with while they're AT THE STORE (which gets put away before we check out).
But they're going to remember Mommy & Daddy reading to them everyday. And doing art projects. And going to church together. And Daddy's date night with them when they make popcorn.
2.09.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We look forward to Mom stepping out of the house on these nights. PARTY!! Last night we went downstairs with intentions of putting together the train on the train table including all the extra train pieces we had before Christmas. We, Flynn and I, put it together, it was huge, 3 bridges, a couple hills, several switches. I asked Flynn to get me certain pieces she dug around and found the right ones. In steps Bubby. He does well for awhile, has a couple cars moving along the track, then one gets stuck. Gabe takes the other one throws it across the table damaging a few fixable things. I say NO-NO. Then the tranformation ocurrs. Gabe = David Banner who then becomes HULK!! we down stairs witnessed The Incredible BUBULK. He took the empty 2x2x2 ft box with both hands over his head and threw it down taking out everything in its path. I wonder if the real HULK only napped for an hour a day and that was what created all that angst.
What a delightful read for FJ's and Gabe's Grammy!
XOXOXO for all ;-)
Post a Comment