2.03.2007

Reading it has Changed my Life

I've been a little obsessed. Reading it whenever I have a free moment... staying up late reading it. Sitting there staring at the screen & sobbing.
A family, just like any other, touched in such a way... a way all of us hope we're never touched, yet they'd have it no other way.
They're hoping through this situation, they're touching many. And they are. As for me & my motherhood, they've reminded me of how things could be & why I'm thankful they aren't. After I read this, I held Gabe a little longer, forced more kisses on him and was more patient than Flynn. Instead of go-go-go last night, Jeff & I did nothing but played with the kids. He took her & I took him & we went into their rooms, sat on the floor & played play, completely directed by them, for an hour straight.
So what I should tell Noah's family is - for our family - as I'm sure is the case for many other families, they've reminded us how fleeting life is. Since heaven is a promise for believers, the fleeting moment of this life is just the thin curtain between us & Christ. But for a parent, the reminder of that fleeting moment makes each minute more precious.
So when Gabe was up for an hour in the middle of the night, I asked Jeff if he could just lie between us. We took turns rubbing his thin hair & wiping his snotty nose. I wasn't upset that I was losing sleep. I was thrilled that I had quiet time with my baby boy.
And this morning when I lost my patience with Flynn & yelled at her. I apologized, I don't want there to be a second when she isn't sure of my abundant, unconditional love.
Be sure you have kleenex on hand and be ready to have your viewpoint changed... even if only as temporary as your mind remembers. Click on the title. And God bless Noah's family.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Oh my goodness.... if this doesn't sum it all up.... wow.... I'm speechless.... trying to type while tears are flowing...

God is good....

We are blessed.....