We've been saying that ever since we said "I do" & it only seems to ring more true through time & all the experiences we - well, experience.
And not exempt from that are the W E I R D neighbors we have.
Let me just give a little background info to paint an accurate picture.
Our subdivision is a pretty nice one. The oldest home is probably less than seven years, ours is six years old, & the newest are just a couple of years old. Most of the subdivision is made of homeowners who show a great deal of care of their home & lawn, & appear to be pretty wonderful people to live next to.
We don't live on that street.
No sir.
We live in party cove. On frat row. Where the living's good & people party like it's 1999.
For real.
Now the craziest we get here is a little game night now & again. Or having friends over for a dinner that extends to the late hour of 10 o'clock.
Insanity.
But I realize that a good portion of the world, live a tad different than us. And so with that understanding is a realization that our neighbors are going to have some fun every once in a while that might mean more cars in our cul de sac, or some laughter outside our window while we're watching the nightly news (on the tv we don't have).
What I don't understand, is the neighbors to our left, who we refer to as "Bussies" (because she drives a small bus which she parks IN HER DRIVEWAY or ON OUR ROAD between bus runs or when she's home for lunch --I wish I was joking!!), partying in their INFLATABLE pool, with ANOTHER COUPLE, at 1 a.m., with their 1980's BOOMBOX pumping out some classic rock.

Or how ONLY 4 people sounded like 10 outside our window while I tried to get a good night's sleep (because some people get up early on a Sunday morning).
And how it sounded like they were tearing down our privacy fence & throwing around an empty bucket.
Also, why would you crank up a radio to unbelievable decibals, while entertaining another couple.?
Another reason we're ready to move.
6 comments:
Entertaining another couple.....
You forgot to mention that their pool isn't fully upright (or at least it wasn't last time I was over at your house). They are quite hoosier-ific.
Um yeah. How it's just one lean of an elbow away from "Taumsawk'ing". (don't think I didn't consider that whilst we were departing this morning at 8:15 am, while their partying selves were snoozing away.
Also worth mentioning, is that their pool is in the SIDE YARD. Not the back where OURS & EVERY OTHER POOL IN THIS SUBDIVISION IS.
O.K. So those lovely and thoughtful neighbors of yours were still asleep at 8:15? HMMMMMM I think that would have been the exact time we needed to get the cob webs out of the car engine, the horn got stuck, the hubs and I had a mock fire drill AND we decided to have a fireworks display - right below their window!!!
The next morning after their party - join in!!! ;-D
Sounds like you have some interesting folks next door! I am so sorry!
Maybe you should mow the lawn on Sunday morning before church. That's what my next door neighbor does. Luckily I am up and at 'em but the poor rest of the neighborhood gets to suffer from Mr. Riding Lawnmower. Oh well. Such is life.
Oh, Amy- I don't know how you do it!! I would get so frustrated and mad! We are pretty lucky and have fairly quiet neighbors... the worst it's gotten is one of our neighbors started lighting (HUGE, LOUD) fireworks off at 1:30 a.m. - and no, it wasn't 4th of July. I called the police. I have very little tolerance for that kind of disrespect!! Oh, I feel for you!!
Post a Comment