Gabe officially got his first outdoor's boo boo ever. As he was leaning over the ball, his momentum never stopped... velocity got the best of him (as well as the weight of his big noggen) & over he went. Landed square on the top of his nugget, right onto the rough concreted patio.
Ouch.
It bled a teeny bit & now he has a battle scar. For most kids a tuft of hair would've been some protection.
But not from our mini Kojak.
And, oh! the spiders. They're taking residency in our house. There was a quarter sized bodied spider walking down the hall today. I think I saw him carrying a suitcase.
Which got me thinking...
When Flynn was about 10 months old, I was making her lunch. She was toddling around (walked at 9 mos) & was peering out the window over the cul-de-sac like the nosey ones like to do.
It was nearly fall & apparently that's some kind of season for the lady bugs. Mating, marrying, dating, or something. All I know is that they invade us like one of the plagues. And the sills are their favorite hang out.
She swaggered up to me like there was something she needed to report. When I bent over to look closer to her, I noticed legs.
Legs.
Hanging
out
of
her
MOUTH.
That's right.... bug legs.... as in ---- the rest of the bug was INSIDE her mouth.
I did the first-mom panic....
Did the finger sweep, got her over the sink to attempt at some sort of rinsing out.
But she'd swallowed most of it.
I had no idea what to do. Do you call the Children's Hospital Hotline for something like this? The Dr.'s office? What would I say? "Hi, my 10-month old just ate a ladybug."
I didn't really want that in her file.
Besides, you know what they always say.
Protein.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment