When I picked Flynn up, she had a 'funny' attitude. I of course was needing to talk to her teachers, and she was 'hot' to get out the door & go down the wheelchair ramp. She was tired but over-stimulated, so a trip to the playplace was in order.
I despise McD's playplace & would rather clean out my refrigerator - but it was 40 degrees outside & I wasn't taking them to a park to expel energy.
Gabe had been running in circles in the living room. LITERALLY. And I knew he needed somewhere to play hard. But we were only there about 5 minutes when a field trip class -- looking to be 2nd grade'ish, came in to play! What in the world?! All the years I taught & all the years Jeff taught, neither of us ever took our class to McDs to play. That's a cop out. And easy for the teachers to just sit there while the TWENTY KIDS UP IN THE STRUCTURE crowd my kids out. Gabe was just scooting off the slide when a handful of them slid down into his back. I was like, "okay, I guess it's time to go." The kids were not happy. And really, neither was I.
/venting
So on the way home, I was trying to force Flynn to share something, anything, with me about her morning.
She finally told me,
"There was a boy, I don't know his name. But he needed the orange crayon. And I had it. So I gave it to him."
And really... that's all I need to know. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment