Update: Daddy called, Flynn is doing well. He took the morning off to stay/shadow her for 2 hours. Then, she will be there an hour alone (well, w/o us), and I will be picking her up momentarily.
I was brief in this post because I was trying to post the video quickly so that the grandmas could see it before work.
So, let me elaborate...
We've been "checking out" preschools for a month or so now. Although Flynn is academically ahead of schedule, she doesn't get socialization - as that's one thing I can't offer her.
Plus, her being at preschool a couple of mornings each week will give me the opportunity to work & be able to concentrate on work (instead of running damage control with she & Bubs).
I'll also be able to put in an office morning here & there. I can't do that w/ her in tow as our office is a very old building & could make her sick.
We heard a lot of the same thing while talking to preschool directors, in that they couldn't guarantee her a safe setting...and sadly, none of them offered to try.
Until MIL suggested [the one we're trying today] & we visited & the teachers were so sweet & reassuring & we heard something we hadn't heard before:
WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO TO MAKE IT SAFER?
As novel as that shouldn't sound, it is! No one else wants to make such an offer.
And so, Daddy spent a couple of hours there today, and we'll pray (again) & make the final decision with her input.
Leading up to this morning, we versed her & rehearsed her on the snack situation...the she takes her own snack & under NO conditions is she to accept a different snack -- from ANYONE (including the teachers). We even made a fun saying, "NO WAY! -- I WANNA STAY SAFE!!"
By this morning, she had me feeling more confident, as she is such a smart cookie & I can't believe that a 4-year old can practice such self-awareness, responsibility, & ownership over her situation. Makes me feel almost comfortable w/ her in someone else's hands.
Now, does this mean that I didn't worry? NO. I had a bad dream last week. I cried the other day. And night before last, I almost had myself talked out of it. I said to myself, "She's just fine here...she doesn't need socialization, she gets it at church....it's even dangerous putting her on the highway 2 extra days a week."
But as much as the bubble sounds appealing, I can't keep her in it. Not her. She's a go get'em girl & she is rearin' to go get.
So, I sat beside her bed a few nights ago. I prayed over her. Besides asking God again to heal her from her allergy, I prayed prayers of protection & safety.
And again last night.
And right before she walked out the door, Daddy & I held her hands & prayed with her.
And I've prayed about 10 million 5 bajillion 7 kazillion times.
I just told my friend Melinda, "It's sooooo hard letting go of your motherly worries & trusting God....One of our hardest tasks as moms!"
It's true. Trusting is easy if you aren't worried. But the true faith takes place when the conditions aren't favorable.
I'm sure we will post another update when she's home...I know she'll have lots to tell me.
She was SO excited to leave for preschool.
Had her bags ready to go before Dad was ready to leave.
He insisted all carrying EVERYthing for her -- but I insisted that she needs to exercise her responsibility at this crucial time!
She stopped & waved good bye.
Then she turned around & said, "Mom! I love you!!"Melting my heart (even tho I was freezing my chops off).
Here she is reciting all I've drilled her on:
Sorry it's sideways! -- I thought I'd be able to rotate it, but no such luck.
1 comment:
Flynn, Grammy hopes you have lots of fun at school - "you are so big 'cause you are 4 now"!
Post a Comment