Let me go to the beginning in order to re-cap our misfortunes with our neighbor...
About 2 years ago, the original owner (builder) of the home moved. He was nice. A couple in their 50s bought the home, for their daughter to live in while she finished up college. They figured that was better than paying apt rent.
She was fine living next door. Not my idea of the perfect neighbor, but she didn't bother us. She had parties every once in a while, but nothing like now.
6 mos ago, they put the house on the market. It didn't sell. What SEEMS to have happened is that they took it off the market & their daughter still lives there, along w/ another girl her age (they don't look over 21).
Also living there (or staying there 90% of the time) is some guy, in an 80s honda del sol. It races thru the cul de sac, which doesn't thrill me, but rt now that's the least of my worries.
Then, you know what happened last month.
Since then, it's been a party a weekend. We called 2 more times. A week ago, we called because it was 10:30 sunday night & we could sing along to the music in their house it was so loud.
After the cop left, she walked out on her porch & yelled at our house (our homes are in the circle & are aimed at each other), "Gees People!!!!"
Let me also back up & say that we have about 5 cops in our subd. None of them seem to care about any of this. One is single & my age & lives 3 houses down.
Well, Superbowl, he pulls up into the next door neighbor's driveway, gets out, in uniform (in his cop car), and starts talking to the girl, her roomie, & this del sol guy. He hands del sol a beer. Did I mention, he's in uniform?
Then, about an hr later, he shows up again. No one else is home but the girl (owner's daughter). He leaves cop car in the driveway, running, while he's INSIDE for AN HOUR & A HALF. Car, running.
Okay, that's about enough to burn your biscuits, but seriously, it's none of my business.
But, then, last night, we hear Flynn cry out at 1 am. We usually just lay there to see if she's awake or having a night terror. Then we hear it: Loud yelling, sounds like drunken bantor, it's in the street. So, we jump up & faintly see a group of guys. They're just all having a good time getting out of their cars & walking up the neighbor's drive.
At the advice of some law officer friends/family, we'd decided to start calling as soon as their parties kick up. And call. And call. Until it's as quiet as it should be in the middle of the night.
So, I immediately picked up the phone & called the police. They got my name, number, reason for calling. And said they'd send someone out.
Meanwhile, Jeff is looking out the blinds & says, "I think that's the cop who lives down the road, and he's out their in the driveway!"
And minutes later, the police show up, there's two of them in the car. They get out of the car & go up the drive. They greet Neighbor Cop & Owner's Daughter. Neighbor Cop introduces Owner's Daughter to them. They chat for a bit (gee, so glad I could arrange a playdate), then cops go home. Neighbor Cop & Owner's Daughter stand on the stoop to finish their cigarettes. She's clearly mad as she makes her way to the edge of the stoop & yells at our window (where I'm SURE she sees Jeff looking thru the blinds), "Call who you F***ing Want! Now we're friends with all the cops!!" (so ridiculous, it sounds made up)
This INFURIATES Jeff, who picks back up the phone & reports to the dispatcher that NOPE, that didn't end the disturbence & then Jeff just basically unloads on the guy (who probably didn't care) all that we've seen.
I'm up for good now. I was mad at Jeff for sharing all that with a DISPATCHER - as I am sure it's a matter of hours until Neighbor Cop catches wind that we're tattlers.
You know, I don't want any trouble. When people were buying the homes around us, building, moving, I prayed, "God, bless us w/ good neighbors. Families & couples we can befriend & love." Now, I'm not just sad that this is no one we'll ever hang out with, I'm very worried for my home, the safety of my kids, I'm scared to sleep as I'm afraid someone will do something.
Not to mention, these people are our neighbors -- Neighbor Cop included. I don't want any trouble. I want to take walks & play in the circle with the kids and not worry about who will come outside & say something or yell at us.
We've wanted to move for a while now. Until I'm working a while full time, that's not bound to happen. And I doubt these neighbors are going anywhere. They're in the FRAT HOUSE for crying out loud.
But God can do anything. And He looks the biggest when we're feeling so small. Miracles happen. And sisters, I'm waiting for one.
Can I get an amen?!!
Any advice is welcome, and prayer is much desired...
Because egg is really hard to scrape off of siding.
1 comment:
ALRIGHT... THAT'S IT... I'M COMING DOWN THERE!!! NOBODY MESSES WITH THE PERRYS!!! NOBODY!!
SIGNED,
WHITE BASKET!
Post a Comment