2.07.2008

Days of Valentine - 5th Way

GODLY

When I was growing up, playing "M.A.S.H." & planning how many kids I'd have & what I'd name them, I doubt this was on the top of the lists when it came to character traits in a husband.
Hot
Rich
Drives a fast car
That's about the maturity level of my thoughts back in those days.

It wasn't until I was closer to reaching spiritual maturity that I realized that Godliness was something I'd want my partner to have attained.

Here's why:
  1. Priorities. To keep them in the order God wants them, just happens to be in the order that a doating wife would.
  2. Fathering. What God wants him to be, is most likely what the kids would want. Esp at this point in their young lives. Someone who's home when he can be. Spends time with them. Is 'present' when he's here.
  3. Loyal to me & our marriage.
  4. Eyes for me. In the world in which we live, it's so hard for men to keep their eyes on their prize.
  5. Sharing a common interest with me. And that's Christ. (among several others)
  6. Prayer. It's the first thing we do in times of trouble. It feels so good to have him pray with me each night before we go to bed.

So, thank you honey for following Christ & working hard to be like Him.

Song of Solomon 1:17 The beams of our house are cedars; our rafters are firs.

2 comments:

Kim said...

What's funny is that I think EVERY girl wants those traits in a man of their dreams, lol. Thanks for the comment on me turning green! I did sign up with Meleleuca, I figured, why not, it was super cheap to sign up and these things are good for your home, ya know?

Angela said...

Hi Amy! I happened upon your blog through MCK Mama's site... I love your writing!! Hope you don't mind if I peek in from time to time. I admire and appreciate the openness you write with. Go you girl;)