4.02.2008

Are You Joking Me?

Anyone who knows Jeff & I, aren't too surprised to learn that APRIL FOOL'S DAY was the day he proposed to me (six years ago). If I hadn't expected it was coming (we already had made the decision that we'd be spending forever together), I would've thought it was a joke. But when he got down on one knee, on this very plot of land (minus the house), he wasn't teasing.

Unlike yesterday, when I played a joke on him.

I wasn't sure I'd be able to even sorta trick him, considering the date on the calendar. BUT, I pulled it off.

The last few days, I made him aware that I was 'late' -- this is no big event considering I've never been 'regular', heck, I'm not even sure I ovulate anymore.
Anyway, I voiced this to him. Then I told him that while Gabe & I were out & about, that I'd be picking up a pregnancy test (I do these for sport on occasion, something about the science of it...the little window...the faux anticipation...etc.).
ANYWAY, I emailed him in the afternoon:
"I have something to tell you. I want to wait & tell you in person, but I don't think I can wait any longer."
He calls me as soon as he can (not for another hour, as he doesn't have a phone in his classroom),
"Was the test positive?"
I could hear the panic in his voice.
"Um...it...it WAS."
"OMIGOSH. OMIGOSH. Amy, Are you serious?
Is this an April Fool's Joke?"
I couldn't keep it up. I'm a good joker, but I almost felt sorry for him.
"Yes, April Fool's."

And if he tells you he wasn't just the slightest bit excited at the idea of a surprise (vasectomy-defying) pregnancy,

then he's the one fooling.

5 comments:

4under3 said...

Ah haaa! That was terrific...and terrible. Shame on you.

And, look at those flowers. What a keeper, for "today, tomorrow, and always."

Lakeville Vertical said...

You silly girl. Ha!
Beautiful flowers. What a special couple you are.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I was going to do this to my hubby a few years ago. My co-worker talked me out of it...on April 2 I found out I was pregnant. :)

Angela said...

You are so mean!!

I feel sorry for him and I don't even know him!

Wouldn't it be funny if you found out you actually are pregnant? Joke would be on you! ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! I DID THE SAME THING to my hubby :o) He freaked out...but not in a happy way... I texted him, no p yet...2 faint lines... When he got home from work...He immediately came to me and said...what's this about 2 faint lines... ???

You see, He is just now finally getting a full nights rest and Baby B is 19 months...everytime B throws a fit, Hubby proclaims, "THIS is why B is our last" He is soooo done...

I waited a bit before jumping around...APRIL FOOLS HA HA HA...He laughed because normally it's HUBBY who gets ME with his jokes...

Except, the joke might be on me, because indeed...I'm a whole week late...Oops!!!!