4.18.2008
I Felt the Earth Move Under My Feet part deux
Last night wasn't the only time I've felt the earth shake. And when Jeff told me it was only rain & wind, that was enough to convince me to go back to the comatose state I had just gotten into after checking on Gabe's temp at 3 am.
Little did we know just two hours away, a pretty sizable earthquake was making the charts.
It got me thinking, would I know what to do in the event that it did more than rattle our windows & cause our frames to be less than straight?
Turns out, I wouldn't have a clue, I took this quiz & failed miserably. I guess all that training back in high school (thanks to Nostradamus' big scare) was only stored in my short term memory bank. And stop, drop, & cover is all I remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yikes, I am certain that I wouldn't know what to do either? What did it feel like?
How's Flynn's allergic reaction doing? Better?
Yikes, I am certain that I wouldn't know what to do either? What did it feel like?
How's Flynn's allergic reaction doing? Better?
If it means anything, I completely slept through the first quake, and never even felt the aftershock around 11:00 (others in my building did, but no one in my area of the building felt it). I took the quiz, but didn't do as well as I'd thought I would--60%.
This is Kim z, btw.
What a freaky thing! If we would of had a rumble hear I would of thought nothing of it...I would assume it was the train going through or a big truck coming down the street. I guess you never know what can happen where ever you live!
I failed too. I better take this again.
Sleeping through what was the tremors of an earthquake...WOW. Glad you did some research on what to do if something BIGGER happens.
Post a Comment