9.16.2008

Worth a Good Laugh

I hated to blow the whole wad of them -- but I thought the laugh you'd get, from me posting ALL of these 60s & 70s photos, would be worth it.

ESPECIALLY, if it makes you wet your pants, like I almost did looking at this one:
Because it kinda looks like me when I straighten my hair.

He looked a little Drew Carrey'ish on that one.

I think I've found my look. And, I look pretty great in that turtleneck.
But, there's a part of me that liked being a blonde just then.
SHAGGADELIC!
Oh stop, my beating heart...
for a minute, I thought that was Shaun Cassidy (my first kiss....yes, it was a poster, on the wall over Angie's bed, but - still!)

5 comments:

Lipstick Jungle said...

Yep, makes me want to go back in time. Ok, not really, but you know... had to say it. I was reminiscing with the young lady who cuts my hair today, thinking we were the same age. I almost choked when she told me she had never heard the song we were just listening to on the radio. See, I always assumed she was in her mid 30's. Turns out she is 26! EEEK Gads, and gasp! She was born in 1982. I was in middle school!

Where am I going with this? She "remembered" the 80's fashions (yeah right - tike!) and was really glad that not too many have come back. I had to remind her of the countless items I could name that take after her decade, one of them the hairstyle her co worker donned.

Again, where am I going with this? Well herego's. I love that the 60's sleek cuts are coming back. Not the bouffants (dont know how to spell that) and not the high piled flips, but definitely the nicely coiffed clean looks. I just hope we dont have to relive the 80's!

I had to run back over fingers a fire thinking I left a nasty political comment last week. Was happy to see you were referring to your post and not my comment. Whew!

Thanks for popping over and sharing my love of fall (even if you dont like winter! :) )

Sue said...

Those are hysterical!

Rachel said...

I'm with you--the turtleneck and swoopie hair are for you!!

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh out loud and I especially laughed hard on the "Drewcarish" one. I think you look like Mary Tyler Moore in the turtle neck. Can you do some more of these??? Thanks for the laughs.

Kim said...

Those are too funny!!

I tried to do a couple of me, but I just don't have any good straight-on photos of myself...