But anyway,
here is some stuff for the grandmas to laugh at:
- a few weeks ago, Gabe started calling me AMY.... a couple of days ago, he referred to me as 'Amy' all day long. Until I scolded him & said, "Gabe, Amy is what other people call me, you & Sissy call me Momma." He said, "Oh."
- I used to call my parents by their first names. Except, their name was preceded by 'Big'. So, my parents were "Big Jim" & "Big S". It rubbed off on my friends who all started doing the same. Heather's parents were "Big Bob" & "Big L". And instead of saying, "Let me check with my parents", we'd say, "Let me check with my Bigs." We were such dumb teens & now, now, it's all comin' back 'round.
- Gabe will not write his name. For. Anything. Period. But, he willingly & voluntarily writes an 'F' & announced, "F for Finn!"
- In a discussion about heaven, Flynn said, "I can't wait, I'm going to see if I can hop on the clouds."
- I'm not ashamed, I have my shirt TUCKED INTO my pj pants. No lying.
- My dad, whose mispronounications have become endearing to me, pronounces SOY MILK as 'O Soya Milk.' And I'd have it no other way.
- Flynn was looking at some photos I had printed out for a frame. One was of the previous posted Mrs Claus photo. And when she looked at it, her eyes watered. I thought nothing of it, then proceeded on to the next photo. She quietly said to me, "Sometimes when I see a picture of someone with a red nose, like Grammy or Nana, it makes my eyes water." I tried SO hard not to laugh, as when I went back to the picture, sure enough Mrs C's nose was a bit on the rosy side. She acted very embarassed & so when a laugh did emerge, I was sure to squeeze her & tell her that I love her because she can make me laugh & making others laugh is a very good thing.
- Gabe can not just observe others riding his spring horse. He has to stand beside, a hand on the horse in action, or try to squeeze behind the horse.
- Flynn can tell you at any point in the day, just how many more 'til Christmas.
- And Gabe is not the slightest bit worried about being on the naughty list.
4 comments:
Madelyn is on the count down to Christmas as well! We have a cute calendar that my MIL made for the kids. I will have to take a pic of it, you would love it! It is like a little quilt and it has 25 Christmas buttons on it in the shape of a tree. Then she has 2 pockets on the back, each with 25 little mini ornaments to go on each button (one for each day for each kid)!
A very fun way to start the day....Give 'em hugs!
Those sweetie pies. I'm glad you had a round two of grandbabies! I enjoyed the first round and now I'm enjoying these so much too. I just wish they would not grow up so fast.
Mom
Those are all so cute. Alysa's seemed a bit worried today about being on teh naughty list for the first time, but she refuses to do anything to fix it. LOL
Post a Comment