I woke up to notice Jeff not beside me. Which was strange. And when I got up to look for him, I saw both kids' beds were empty. I started to panic. No one should be awake so early. The cars were still here, he couldn't have taken them anywhere. And as I searched through the house yelling their names, I got the strangest feeling.
At some point, after I'd made phone calls, listened to the radio, turned on the tv, it became clear to me. And after preparing for it my whole life, it happened & I got left behind.
This was a dream I had Saturday night. And although, through the course of the dream, it evolved into me not being the main character, yet me watching this happen to someone else; it was still enough to shake me to my core & leave such an impression on it, that 30 hours later, I can't get it off my mind.
And I want to be sure that you are ready. That anyone who thinks my blog is of any interest, has read with their own eyes, perhaps something you'd never known before. It's the other side of what we live. A side that isn't talked about much.... it's not fluffy or heartwarming. It's not rainbows & doves & kittens & sunshine. It's not 'God Bless You' or 'Peace to You.'
I was surprised to recently read that Rapture has become something that is believed in by just evangelical religions.
According to the Word of God, the next great event in the fulfillment of prophecy will be the coming of the Lord in the air to receive to Himself into heaven both His own who are alive and remain unto His coming, and also all who have fallen asleep in Jesus, and that this event is the blessed hope set before us in the Scripture, and for this we should be constantly looking (John 14:1:3; 1 Cor. 15:51:52; Phil. 3:20; 1 Thess. 4:13:18; Titus 2:11:14).
Hey, someone a long time ago must've thought so too -- graves are still buried facing the east.
No matter -- whether you believe that people are going to instantly be taken up (some films depict the clothing left behind, the cars left driving) --- or believe in a different order of events... pretribulation, post, etc., I feel confident in saying that most Christian religions believe that Jesus is coming again, the dead will be resurrected, and the problem of sin will be fully and finally resolved.
Isn't that a much better eternity to think of; rather than, you live, you die, that's it. ?
Maybe I won't be arround for Christ's return. Maybe I'll die today. Maybe you will. Either way, isn't it best to know what will happen if we do die?
I pray often for Christ's return. I don't want to be around to bury one of our parents...to see more sadness in this world.... for 50 more years of back pain. Hopefully that doesn't come across as morbid. But just reading a glimpse of the glory of heaven, is enough for me to be excited for it.
Why did I have such a real dream? Why did God lay it on my heart? I don't think it was the pork loin I ate Saturday for dinner.
How do you know you're ready for Christ? How do you make sure that once you live, you die, you can "firm up" plans for eternity in heaven?...
So easy. So important -- in fact, inarguably, the most important thing you will have ever done. Here's how:
Know & believe that Jesus Christ was God's son - sent to earth to rescue a world full of people like us, sinners.... SO THAT, we could have the promise of heaven for eternity.
In the bible, in the book of John (3:16) is says,
God loved the world so much that He sent His son, so that the people who believe, don't have to just die -- but that we can live FOREVER in HEAVEN. (that's paraphrased by yours truly)
Then it's ABCs (can you tell I'm a teacher?!):
Admit/Accept -- "God, I know I sin. I do awful things. Please forgive me for all the bad stuff. For the years of not always doing the right thing...
Believe -- ....You are God. You sent Your son Jesus who died for me & rose from the deal. I want Him as my savior, as my friend. I accept Him as the One I live For. I trust in only Him......"
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts (4:12)
Confess -- ...to others. No, I'm not suggesting that you get a bible & stand on the corner on a box, screaming to passers-by. But what I believe was of huge importance in the bible, is spreading the gospel. Best done by you sharing w/ others, just how you feel about Christ. My goodness, some of us go on & on about a new facial cleanser, or a new recipe or sport, more than we do about the guy who let himself be killed for us!
And those others you confess Him to. More beneficial if they don't believe. Otherwise, you're literally preaching to the choir. Certainly uplifting to other believers! (& easy & stress free!) -- however, not so much effectice, eh?!
If you happen to be reading my silly little blog ... and have never heard any of this stuff... will you email me? (tightwadmomma@gmail.com) Or maybe you've heard it all before, but are at a place in your life where it all just makes sense. Please let me know. God doesn't intend for you to make such a step then wander aimlessly alone in your walk. He wants you to be supported. And He wants you to keep learning.
Now, onto a post about my kids, baby poop, & all the other ridiculous stuff I usually talk about...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great post, Sis. Thanks for sharing your dream....we all need to be reminded...what are we really doing here? Getting ready for REAL living!
Angie
I believe!!
Thanks so much for sharing your heart, Amy- and the truth. Bless you for that.
Very well put. I needed those thoughts today.
Mom
I read the entire Left Behind series with fear that your first sentence would be me! I worry more that it will be my husband.
Thank you for sharing this. It is an eery feeling to shake. And since my mothers passing, I have felt at peace with whatever may come my way, because I know she has set a table for the rest of us!
Post a Comment