2.29.2008

"Highlights" From My Week

It's been a good week. Everyone's healthy & I hear higher temps are on the horizon (matter of fact, it's 54 degrees right now!!) !

Here are some things about this week that made me smile...

Getting my hair done for the first time in three years.
I think I was too conservative, I told the hairdresser that I didn't want it to be too obvious, that I'm not a flashy girl.
But I was a little sad when I looked in the mirror & could hardly tell anything was different (I naturally have red highlights...and no, I'm not balding, but it sure looks like it in the above photo!)
Flynn's profile.
If that doesn't put a smile on your face, what will?!

Watching the kids at their weekly Popcorn Making Ceremony.
Flynn pours the popcorn into the lid, Bubby pours that into the popper, & Daddy plugs it in. It really is a family affair.

And this week will be complete tonight...
Gabe went to Grammy's. Flynn's going to Aunt Gi's. And Momma & Daddy are going on a date.
Hope your week was just as bright.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your hair is so shiny and healthy and youthful, I thought it must be Flynn's until I started reading! Oh, highlight...they look great, even if they're aren't too dramatic.

Funny, because I had the thought that one of Cullen's shots from our play day yesterday that I took from above made him look like he was balding. Like you, he also isn't balding!

Yes, Flynn's profile shot DID make me smile! Now, if only I could see her...and you...in person!

Jenn said...

Have fun on your date!!!!!

Angela said...

I love your highlights!! I also have such dark hair that I if I want my highlights to be noticeable, I really REALLY have to go light with them!

Anyway- look at those little cuties in their jammies!!

4under3 said...

Did she foil your hair. I think it's always so much fun to sit in a head full of tinfoil, don't you think? And, they do look great. A good way to eeeeease into a sassy spring statement.

The footed jammies picture reminds me of a familiar affair. What a great "messy" ponytail. You're right, she looks great in those too.

How did your date go?

Kim said...

I agree (I'm always agreeing), your hair is shiney and beautiful!

Love Flynn's profile, she has that perfect lil "ski-slope" nose, it's ever so kissable.

Amy said...

Her nose is the perfect ski slope.

My hair is only shiny if it's straight...and I had sunlight helping me out in that photo.

The date nite was awesome.

My highlights were foiled.