Country Star and FAAN Spokesperson Trace Adkins One of Final Two Contestants on “The Celebrity Apprentice”
Out of the fourteen original contestants, Trace Adkins is one of the last two players competing for the championship crown on the two-hour live finale of “The Celebrity Apprentice” Thursday, March 27 (9-11pm ET/PT; NBC). It will be the final boardroom showdown between the country music star and British tabloid editor/“America's Got Talent” Judge, Piers Morgan, as Trump makes his final decision and awards a $250K bonus check to the winner's charity.
The final face-off has the two celebrities preparing for a charity auction and performance by multi-platinum group, The Backstreet Boys. They use every bit of star power to battle it out in the final task. Adkins faces the demands of the band, while Morgan is let down by celebrity helper, Stephen Baldwin. With the auction completed, Trump faces his final decision - who will be hired as “The Celebrity Apprentice.”
Throughout the series Adkins developed several marketing concepts that helped keep him in the game and were deemed effective enough to be used by several companies. He wrote and narrated “The Pedigree Dog Adoption” commercial that was broadcast on USA Network during February’s Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. When asked to develop an awareness campaign for the Crocs’ shoe donation program, Adkins suggested, “Wear ’em, share ’em,” which evolved into “Wear a pair, share a pair,” a slogan that Crocs has adopted and is using on their website. For the Quiznos competition, Adkins created a new sandwich called the “Prime Rib Cowboy Club” that is now for sale for a limited time in over 5,000 Quiznos locations across the country.
Although he has continuously impressed his teammates and viewers with his ideas and determination to play the game with integrity, Adkins admits he didn’t expect to make it this far in the competition.
“I’m really surprised to be here and extremely proud to be representing FAAN,” says Adkins. “I intend to conclude my time on this show with my dignity in tact, and I will try to be as respectful as Piers will allow me to be.”
On “The Celebrity Apprentice” website there is a poll asking, “Who should be the Celebrity Apprentice?” Trace is up against Piers Morgan. Vote for Trace today! Let’s show everyone Trace has what it takes to win the show and become the first “Celebrity Apprentice.”
Watch “The Celebrity Apprentice” on NBC Thursday at 9:00 p.m. EST.
“I decided to do this show because I wanted to help raise awareness for the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN),” says Adkins, who has a daughter with severe food allergies. “I don’t think many people are aware that so many children are developing food allergies these days. Something we’re doing has to be causing this, and we’ve got to figure out what it is.”
Adkins is competing in business-driven tasks around New York City to raise money and awareness for FAAN, his designated charity. Throughout the series, over a million dollars will be raised for various charities, and the winner who gets crowned as the first “Celebrity Apprentice” will also have the honor of delivering a $250,000 bonus check to their charity of choice.
Watch exclusive interviews with Trace at NBC.com. The website also offers deleted scenes, photos, “Celebrity Apprentice” games, and a sneak peek at upcoming episodes. To listen to Trace comment on weekly episodes, visit http://www.traceadkins.com/main.
On “The Celebrity Apprentice” website there is a poll asking, “Who should be the Celebrity Apprentice?” Trace is up against Piers Morgan. Vote for Trace today! Let’s show everyone Trace has what it takes to win the show and become the first “Celebrity Apprentice.”
Watch “The Celebrity Apprentice” on NBC Thursday at 9:00 p.m. EST.
“I decided to do this show because I wanted to help raise awareness for the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN),” says Adkins, who has a daughter with severe food allergies. “I don’t think many people are aware that so many children are developing food allergies these days. Something we’re doing has to be causing this, and we’ve got to figure out what it is.”
Adkins is competing in business-driven tasks around New York City to raise money and awareness for FAAN, his designated charity. Throughout the series, over a million dollars will be raised for various charities, and the winner who gets crowned as the first “Celebrity Apprentice” will also have the honor of delivering a $250,000 bonus check to their charity of choice.
Watch exclusive interviews with Trace at NBC.com. The website also offers deleted scenes, photos, “Celebrity Apprentice” games, and a sneak peek at upcoming episodes. To listen to Trace comment on weekly episodes, visit http://www.traceadkins.com/main.
Hearing other parents talk about their struggles w/ their own kids is pretty emotional to me. Going through what we've gone through with Flynn has been the toughest thing we've ever went through.
Also, click on over to my milk allergy blog (link on side bar) to hear my latest delight with McDonalds. And parents who have no sense.
3 comments:
I am with you on the food allergies. With my reasons-my two girls. Reason enough. I'm gonna swing over to your other blog and see what happened at good ol' McD's.
OK, I have read you other blog and I am with you on this. Last week at gymnastics a mother pulled out a piece of peanut butter toast and proceeded to feed her toddler this at a community table. She didn't clean the table surface after or even her childs hands so if I had not witnessed this one of my daughter's could have come in contact with this and had a anaphylactic reaction. It might not have seemed like a big deal to her but my daughter's could both stop breathing and die from this. Should I make a big deal of this? Should I inform the staff? Should I walk over to the mother and ask her to not feed her toddler? Should I wipe down surfaces with disinfectant before my girls come into contact with it? Yikes-I'm irritated now. For both you and I. For what we must be worried about. For what we must obviously constantly be educating others about.
My husband and I watched all the episodes and waiting for tonights final episode. We too have been so impressed with TA.
I think it's so hard having kids with allergies. I only have one, and myself and it's very hard on me and her. We have realized that we are truly responsible to seeing our health through, which takes planning truly if a parent has no experience it's often hard to educate or even convince of the realities of food alergies.
I am alergic to the chemicals put on all fresh fruits and vegies to keep them looking crisp and fresh. Because there is only trace amounts no food label is required to print the toxins on these so called fresh produce. Thus I must clean, cook and prepare all my own. I would love to order a salad in a restaurant, eat a sandwhich at a deli, but I will be in bed for 48 hours sicker than a dog. It stinks. Again thanks for your blog today.
Post a Comment