3.30.2008

Guacomole in a Bag

First of all, excuse my chef's hair.
Cleanliness really is our motto when cooking but I do not make her wear a hairnet, although, usually her hair is not falling in her face, I don't know what to tell you.

Okay, let's get cooking...
Cut a peeled & pitted avocado into slices.
Place those slices into a Ziploc freezer bag with 2 teaspoons of lemon/lime juice (we prefer lime) & a BIG pinch of salt.
We always throw a dollop of salsa in for good measure. Then, of course, you can add other ingredients to make it a little zestier if you want, but my kiddos like it as is.
Push the air out of the bag & seal it, then let your little chef squish & squash to her or his heart's content. It's easy to see if you've squished/squashed enough.

Then, snip off a corner of the bag & squeeze the guacamole into a dish!

Serve with homemade tortilla chips (yah, right) or even crackers.

It's yummo!

4 comments:

4under3 said...

No way!!

What a quick and easy kids activity. We just made some guac the other day, and actually had some on our fish tacos last night. We LOVE the stuff! I can't wait to try this with the kids.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

That looks like fun to make! My son would love to make this! Thanks for the great idea! Looks like you have a great helper!

Angela said...

Guacamole is my FAVORITE!!! Oh my word- I was in 7th heaven when we went to Mexico... all I had, every day, was guacamole and more guacamole ;)

Kim said...

YUM! That sounds so good... I LOVE avacados, just by themselves, still in their peel.