skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Things Worth Mentioning
- I mentioned before that CURIOUS GEORGE & his 8 am show, are a priority here at the P house. I typically turn the TV off after the show ends, not to be turned on again until the kids are in bed, so I think it's worth a watch. Plus that monkey is so dang funny. Just now, while Gabe was watching (because Sissy is at school), I could hear the show. From what I could gather (not actually seeing it), George was waiting for The Man with the Yellow Hat to finish up his speaking engagement (TMWTYH is a very smart occupation of some kind, maybe an archaeologist? A scientist?) wherein he was saying a lot of smart things that were apparently over George's head & no doubt to be boring for the intended audience; therefore, rather than watching TMWTYH say what he actually said, he said, "Blah biddy blah, blah blah. Blah diddy boo." And then the crowd applauded. Don't you think that's funny? (or is it starting to get to me that I rarely interact with potty-trained people?)
- Yesterday, I was drying my hair. Flynn had to stand next to me during this as she had already hit her brother twice during my grooming. I guess she figured she'd strike up a conversation while she was in there (which meant my 15 minute hair drying took twice as long since I had to keep turning oFF the drying to say, "Huh?"). So, the topic of the morning was her allergic reaction the previous night. We evaluated it, she recollected details (some of which I thought she was "out of it" for), and we decided that even though Benadryl can be a life saver, the Jesus is the ultimate life saver. She abruptly ended the conversation by saying, "Mom, I'm going to go pray now. Really quiet." Now, how could I not discontinue my hair drying & go try to spy on her communing with God?! I snuck down behind her where I spied her standing at the side of my bed, leaning over it (it's too tall for her to kneal at). There wasn't a slow or quiet moment. I couldn't hear much, when I got too close the floor creaked & she looked to see if someone was there - and I was not about to interrupt her prayer time. "Dear God. Will you help me to not be sick? I want to be better. I don't want to itch. I don't want to cough. Thank you God for helping me......." I couldn't hear the rest. But she was all business. And when I heard her wrapping up her time with the Lord, I high-tailed it back to the bathroom where I pretended to be finishing up my post shower activities. I tried to act cool, but inside I was a pool of proud momma mush. And because my girl knows to take it to God, I'm not quite as worried today while she is at school & I am here, 25 minutes away.
- Gabe pottied again last night on the pot. Our warmer temps are here, I have no more excuses. As soon as I get my act together, we will begin POTTY NAZI here. Sans pants & potty seats everywhere. He will fill up a chart & 'earn' a model plan to paint with daddy.
- Daddy's soccer season is half way finished. Not that I'm counting games & crossing them off with a big black marker or anything.
- Flynn is earning an elephant sewing kit. I decided that enough was enough with her pottying while sleeping at night. I want to be Diaper Free in '08! So, she too is filling out a chart. 10 "E" stamps on her chart & she will be Seamstress FJ. She is so excited about the project. Granted we were up at 1 this morning, stripping her sheets & cleaning her up (we wouldn't have even known that she was sopping wet had the neighbors not awoken us with slamming doors & general loudness). I'm hoping the promise of the new craft will make her more forgiving when we carry her half-concious limp body into the potty at midnight to prevent an accident.
- Tomorrow is Friday & Sunday is supposed to be 73. How could that not make me smile?
5 comments:
Curious George show and books are a favorite at our house!
What a very touching moment with Flynn and God. I would of been tearing up myself.
Good luck with Diaper Free 08'! I know that can be a challenge!
What great weather we are having! Have a great day!
Ok. It is official. We are now friends for life. I have always adored CG, and I frequently refer to TMWTYH.
Grins.
I LOVE hearing of Flynn's conversations with God. If that made my day, I can imagine how it made yours.
Were you trying to view my blog? I have only invited readers but if you send me your email address, I can add you to my list. Just respond to this comment on your page with your email and I will add you.
Post a Comment