This is the "front" of the Santa Cruz boardwalk
Flynn, Mattie, & Vanessa (see the amusement stuff behind them)(with an American Flag beach towel wrapped around her legs)
Maybe one of these days, I'll take a good picture
Maybe one of these days, I'll take a good pictureCOTTON CANDY.
PS See the stroller she's sitting in?
That's the Zustiak's stroller (one of our friend-neighbors).
They were good enough to loan to us, as our last umbrella stroller
bit the dust a couple of months ago.
It was perfect for our trip, especially the airport, as we had good walks between gates (layovers) & 2 of the 4, she was asleep.
I'd push her to the gate in the stroller, she'd hop out (or be carried out),
then, the gate attendant would check the stroller in,
and it would be waiting for me (among a few wheelchairs & other strollers)
when I stepped off the plane in the new destination.
Only when we got off the plane (her asleep) in good ol' st louie,
the beauty wasn't there.
Nada.
Nothing.
So, I waited & people looked & I waited.
And was instructed to go to baggage claim.
Not there.
So I was instructed to go to baggage claim office.
And file a claim.
What's worse than losing luggage?
Losing someone else's stroller.
Losing someone else's stroller.
So, that night, I didn't go to sleep.
Instead, I had an anxiety attack about losing the Zustiak's stroller.
And the next night too.
Then, Thursday, someone called & asked for me to describe the stroller again.
It was still in Denver (our last layover).
I had a bad feeling about that last gate attendant.
A little too chatty with the passengers.
So the stroller was on our front porch that afternoon.
And on the Zustiak's front porch an hour later.
I guess that's not too bad,
I've flown about 200 times in my life,
and that was the first time anything's been lost.


3 comments:
I love the boardwalk - been a while since I've gone.
Oh man - I hate checking anything b/c I don't trust the airlines to not lose anything. I'm glad you got it back. I would have felt awful too!
I love the picture of the two of you on the beach.... sooooo sweet.
It's amazing how much I love your blog!
:)
Post a Comment