For about a year now, Jeff has started a circus theme, whenever things start, well, seeming like a circus. Like they tend to... a lot.
You know, do do dodi do do do do do do....
Someone could've blasted circus music last night. In our car. On our long trip back from Grandma's house in Arkansas (I couldn't have made up that line if I wanted to).
You see, Gabe's been potty trained for about a year now, but BMs? -- not so easy to hold.
And me, I've been prone to car sickness my WHOLE life. And it doens't take much when I'm riding in a car, to make me queasy.
So, when Gabe yelled up to us (as we were 30 minutes from home, had been in the car for 6 hours), "Me gotta poo poo! Me SICK!!!!"
My response to Hot Hubs was, "Pull off at the next exit" & I gave an encouraging, 'You can hold it Buddy' to my boy in his 5-point harness.
"NOOOOOOOOO, Me SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
And.
Was.
He.
Ever.
...and when I turned around to start the unbuckling process, we were still on the hwy (which I HATE).
But, the boy said he had to go.
But, the really bad things is,
he already had.
Went, that is.
So, when I turned around (car still going down the hwy), to sit him on our in-car potty (yes, I'm a germ-phobe & keep a potty seat in the car, for such occasions), I had no idea, that his undies were, um, full.
Until his hands went in them. And my hands went in them. And the smell filled our car. And here came the heaves.
Gag.
Gag.
Gag.
And before I knew it I was yelling, "PULL OVER, I'M GOING TO PUKE."
And I did.
Oh yah, did I mention the 100 MPH winds?
Ever seen puke blow sideways??
I have.
Right onto my open door.
And,
if we were a reality show. Like I think we should be.
The last few seconds of that episode, would've panned back to that particular spot on I-55.
To Gabe's Spidey & Friends undies.
Where we left them.
12.21.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
This is a story straight from the Perry Reality Show! I love it! However, I am so sorry! Merry Christmas!
Gabe is not the only one in the world who has had to leave his dirty underware behind. It happens to grown-ups too from time to time.
GO GABE!! We love hearing littel stories about you and your big sister.
Will you still be my friend if I say that I am laughing hysterically at your terrible misfortune? :) I am SO SORRY, but that story is AWESOME! LOL.
so sorry. really. that story is terrible. seriously. I hope everyone is feeling well soon!!
OY!
Thats all I got! Because three years ago on Christmas Eve in a blizzard we should not have been in, both kids similtaneously blew from both - eh hem, ends - all over the car. Jim and I were going to be dropping them off at grandmas so we could finish shopping. It was not pretty.
And we could not pull over.
So we had her haul them in (we couldnt get ick on us before shopping), threw them both in the tub and then wrapped them up in blankets while their clothes spun in the wash.
I havent seen puke blow sideways, but I can imagine it.
YIKES!
Hope you are both better!
ya know, as you're driving down the highway you see things like that (a single shoe, a shirt, a pair of underpants *wink*) and you wonder how it ended up there..... and now we know! lol
Oh boy! Poor you and Gabe and hubs. I'll bet you're glad it's over. :)
Post a Comment