2.20.2009

As If A Parting Gift For Me

I'm headed out of dodge. And because my scrumptious hubby (upgrade from hot) loves me so much, he has given me his blessings to go away for the night & be blessed.
So, lots of the ladies from church & I are retreating. There is sure to be chocolate, lots of laughter, & if I'm lucky, a pyramid or two.

Scrambling around, after a day of subbing middle school (ah chee wa wa), the kids are never busier than when you are. I'm throwing things into this bag & that. And Flynn & Gabe The Princess Ballerina & Spiderman are running from something imaginery in the basement. Their lightning-speed pitter-patter gets them up the steps in no time. And when they reach the top step, Gabe swipes away at his imaginary perspiration,
"Shoo, dat was a cose one."

3 comments:

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Have fun!!!!

Lady M said...

Hope your time away is refreshing!

Sue said...

Enjoy your time. We all need that. I love the big head story too. :) I do that all the time.