Yesterday, right in the middle of drawing & writing, Flynn pipes out,
"Thomas really is a useful engine."
We scored big not only with Madagascar 2 from the Redbox, but also with a code to rent it free. Gabe watched it only once & had already mastered the song. Right before dinner, a tune (with a good beat that you can really dance to) came on the radio & I of course, started busting a move. Gabe, an apple that doesn't fall far, joined me in the jive. That kid can really move... anywho, his moves were accompanied by his own song,
"I wike ta moob it moob it...I wike ta moob it moob it..."
Now that's funny (esp if you heard it with your own ears) but not quite as funny as later, when Jeff started to agg him on, "Hey Gabe, I like to move it move it....I like to move it, move it...I like to move it, move it...I like to-"
and Gabe came in with the big ending,
"MOOB IT!"
Heading to one of our many weekend adventures (I actually think it was church), Flynn beckoned to me from the backseat,
"Hey Mom?"
ME "Yes?"
FJ "Do I have to grow up & get big?"
ME "Yep, we all grow older."
FJ "'Cause I just want to stay your baby."
If she only knew how much I wish it could be that way.
Flynn took a quick trip to Schnucks with her daddy this evening. She had the brain power enough (compensating for her parents?!) to remind daddy that momma had run out of cinnamon earlier today while making heart-shaped tortilla crisps.
Did I mention that Gabe calls Mrs. Schmittgens, 'Micka Mickens'? Because everytime I hear him say it, I get a serious sharp ache in the pit of my empty uterus.
And when I laid him down for his nap today, he caught me trying to make my routine quick escape,
"MOMMA!? -- Me wun give you hug."
I think they're keepers.
2.11.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
KEEPERS ... I agree ;-)
GRAMMY ;-)
I love those guys soooo much!
Nana
What sweetie pies! :)
DEFINITELY keepers. :)
Post a Comment