When we were younger, my big sis & I slept in the same bed ... actually, the same room. We were roomies, in a room with bright pink shag carpet & swiss-dotted sheer drapes.
I loved it.
I loved sharing a room with my big sister. Probably moreso when I was older than the crying baby in the white baby bed next to her, that she used to shush with a desperate yell.
Do you know, when I was old enough to have my own room, I would go to hers & ask to sleep with her? All those years I wanted my own room, only to sneak to her room like a crybaby, "Ang, can I sleep with you?"
And we would lay in bed, like a slumber party, listen to "Pillow Talk" & laugh at the people who called in. And once, when "Private Eyes" (Hall & Oates) started playing, she slid her hand under my pillow while singing it. And for the strangest reason, we died laughing.
To this day, it's an inside joke.
Speaking of Private Eyes (no, I'm not going to talk about Jon Oates' fro), I'm contemplating something that I've went back & forth on for a few months now:
Going private with my blog.
When I posted, in beggary (is that a word?), for my faithful readers (er, uh, lurkers) to vote for said Hot Hubs, it got me thinking,
There are lots of you. You come faithfully to the blog. But I don't know you. And you seldom de-lurk, and I don't like that.
I'm just being honest.
I mean, you read my inner most thoughts... my feelings & my frank ideas.
You know my kids.
Their cute stories.
And that I think my Hubs is hot.
And I don't even know your name.
And call me crazy, but I don't like that.
So,
if you log on one day, and my settings are set to private, you'll know why.
Meanwhile, if you want to be added to a list of approved readers, email me:
theorangefamily AT yahoo DOT com
I may or may not have approved readers. I could just decide to do what I set out in the beginning & that's write for pure documentation's sake...as a rememberance & sorta-scrapbook about our family. So that the cuteness goes noted.
Private Eyes (ch'chu)
are watching you (ch'chu)
They see your every move
(oo ooh)
2.10.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'd totally understand if you went private. (And I'd expect you to add me as a reader, girl!) :)
Just recently I had some strange man whom had never left a comment become a follower. He was from some overseas country (I don't remember which one). It really freaked me out - why would a man be reading about my kids? I don't know if it was the right thing to do or not, but I blocked him as a follower... although he still can read my blog if he chooses. :P
This mommy blogging thing is a little tricky. You want to allow updates for family and friends, while having possibilities for more friendships (like ours!), but keep everyone safe at the same time.
Either way you decide, I'll still be around. Good luck on your decision. :)
Hey don't leave me off the list!!! My name is WHITE BASKET and my daughter and I STALK YOU!!! LOL LOL Seriously... don't make us not have access to your life... I will be forced to come see you!!! :)
Please keep me on your list! You give me the best warm fuzzies and your kids are like my grandkids now...
:)
I totally understand. I had mine that way for awhile, but my MIL had a hard time remembering how to get in. So I put it open, but I think about that all the time. And I hate to have mine available to anyone....so I totally understand!
please put me on your list....I love your thoughts!...they make me laugh!!!
Oh Amy - I do hope I'll be "allowed" to read you. :) I'll miss you if you go private-private, but will understand. :)
Post a Comment