6.10.2009

At about 7 pm

every night, I start getting exhausted. To the point that my 'brain feels dizzy' & I think that at any moment I could pass out.
But when you're a mom, you don't just get to go to bed when you're tired.  7 begins the whole night time process which means several several more hours until I get to go to sleep.

I get things ready for the next day.  Backpacks, lunches packed, papers looked at, signed, homework done, etc.
Get outfits laid out.  Make plans for who goes where, when, & how.
Get everyone medicated, bathed, snacked & down to sleep.
Then I start my work, church work, website work, housework (in that order).
And the mountains of laundry.  The piled up counters.  Mail, bills, coupons....

All I want to do is go to sleep.  Get much rest.  And wake up ready to tackle a NON-busy day of playing w/ my cute kids... and watching them love life.

Wouldn't that be nice? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My housework would be last on the list too. What am I saying it is now!

Mom

Lady M said...

I hear ya. When my kiddos' day ends, mine begins in many ways. Surely all the sleep deprivation earns us moms a few extra jewels in our heavenly crowns. :)