11.11.2008

Bubs the Preschooler

Dear Bubby,

I have no photos of you starting your very first day of preschool today. This time it's not because you're the second kiddo & sometimes the second, third, etc., kiddo has way less photos than the first. This time it's because you weren't supposed to start today.

You see, it was supposed to only be Flynn's first day. And you were supposed to start next week. But when we went to your room-to-be to meet your teacher-to-be and check out the things that you'll be playing with & learning, well, you ran right in. You sat right down. You listened to the story being read & said, "Me have that at MY house!" And then, you yelled to me (standing in the doorway, watching your every move), "BYE Mom!"

And I look shockingly at the teacher & she laughed & said, "I think he wants to stay! He can if you want."

I didn't know what to do, so I looked at her & said, "Are you SURE?" (& what I was really doing was asking MYSELF if I was sure). And she assured me that it was no problem.

Then I looked at you, taking it all in. Looking so big in your fresh haircut. And so, I filled out the necessary paperwork, promised the director another check, kissed you & told you to be a good listener, and headed out the door.

WOW, it is SUPER quiet without the two of you. It's only been an hour but I already miss you.

I love you Bubby. But please slow down on the growing up thing. Okay?

Love,
Momma

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! Bubby is in "Bebe Scoo" Makes me tear up thinking about it.

Love ya,
DAY

Amy said...

Hey Day,
It's NOT baby school, it's "big kid skoo."
Love,
Momma

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Wow! What a big boy and a trooper of a mom! Good job on handling it well!

Hope you enjoyed your quiet day. What a nice surprise. :)

Ken and Amanda said...

I hope he had a wonderful day there! And I hope Flynn had a good day as well!!!

Anonymous said...

I am getting teary eyed and I wasn't even there. I'm so happy he made it to school so quickly. It is just what he needed!!

Nana

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh ... that Bub's is so special ... and to think he didn't even have to be "brave" this morning ... seems to me you and his Daddy have taught him how to be independent and he is pretty darn OK with growing up!
Grammy :-)

My City Mommy said...

That is so sweet who are his teachers? I am so happy he liked it there that is awesome. Who are Flynn's teachers?

Angela said...

Boo... sad... i'm crying for you. stop growing up so fast, kiddos!! (speaking, of course, to yours and mine!)

Sue said...

WOW! That's awesome. That's how Alysa is whenever we take Kayla in. She runs in, sits down and wants to join in. It's great to have such independent kids, but so sad to see them grow up.