In other words, my work is a break.
Anyway, this day loomed & so today, Jeff & Flynn were up by 6:00 a.m. & out the door by quarter after.
The house is quiet. I'm sad. I miss Jeff.
But what a great break it was.
Here are some of the things we did...
- Lots & lots sleeping in -- It was as if Santa left some valium under the tree!
- Wearing our PJs 'til 10 or so
- An impromptu trip to Chuck E Cheese
- The day after Christmas we went to see "Munks" (chipmunks as those of us who aren't named Gabe call it)
- Got a new chest for Gabe's BIG BOY room
- Got a new (old, hand me down) bed for G's BB room
- Painted Flynn's New (old hand me down) chest so she'll finally have somewhere to put her clothes
- A trip to the mall per Flynn's request (nite before: "Hey Mom, are we going anywhere tomorrow? Will it be cold? How about we go to the Mall?"
- 2 trips to Target, 2 to Walgreens, 1 to Kmart
- 4 trips to the Redbox to see FRACTURED, RATATOILLE, NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK AND LARRY (we got 5 mins into it & turned it off on account of YUCK), UNDERDOG
- 2 trips to see the pediatrician, Flynn got an extra, unwanted gift, bronchitis
- Several hours of Jeff playing w/ the new Wii at Nana/Papa's
- a fun pj nite at Gammy's -- wherein Jeff & I had a NY's Eve sans children...WOW!
- a nite at Woody's w/ the Frosts
I'm sure I've forgotten lots of it, as excessive sleep has impaired my memory. Let's just say it was lovely.
Thank You Jesus for having a birthday!
And Happy New Year...maybe later, retrospect on '07. We'll see.
1 comment:
p.s. We too rented Chuck and Larry...and turned it off.
Post a Comment