For Jeff's bday, I had a surprise dinner planned for almost a month.
All I told him was to dress up, take the kids to my parents' & come back 'for me'.
Yesterday, while he was at work, I prepared as much of it as I could. Made the pesto sauce, tossed the salad, marinaded the steak. I had to hide all of this as he was home about an hour yesterday between work & leaving with the kiddos.
He thought he was coming back to pick me up... instead he found me waiting (dressed up!) with course 1 (of 5), sitting on the table. We had fancy dinnerware & linens (Thanks to the Caseys), flowers & candlelight, & Jeff's favorite, steak, simmering in the broiler. I planned an hour long playlist of songs perfect for the occasion.
Jeff was very surprised & after a movie (complete with tv trays for dessert, something we never do with the kids around!), I gave him a gift from me, a subscription to '90-Minute Soccer', which he loved. The movie was 'License to Wed' (I highly recommend, very cute -- and HOW COME NO ONE TOLD US?, had 5 of THE OFFICE actors in it).
He was surprised & had thought I was taking him to see Wicked at the Fox. He said it was his best birthday ever. Everyone, all together now, "Aaawwwwww."
Other news, after baking a batch of chocolate cookies, I was doing a deep sweep -- like moving furniture & stuff. Interesting things I found: an alphabet marker, 2 pieces to lite brite, 2 crayons, a slinky, a fork, a matching game, & a marble from hungry-hungry hippos.
We miss the kids & Nana will be bringing them home momentarily. Flynn has a Princess Tea Party to go to. Again with this kid having a social life.
Photos to come...as soon as we find the camera.
Also to come... Gabe's first night in a big boy bed. Will it happen? Will we survive? Will he??
1.05.2008
OPERATION: Dinner Surprise a Surprise!
Labels:
birthday,
cleaning,
date night,
family,
flynn,
Gabe,
hot hubby,
I'm in LOVE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah! So glad you pulled it off, that he was surprised and that it was his Best Birthday Ever!! Yeah you!
Post a Comment