1.19.2008

Headbands

Who knew they'd be such a source of creativity...and drama!

The other night, as a treat, the kids were watching a movie in our room.

Apparently, they'd gotten into a little set of drawers where I keep headbands.

They emerge, she wearing a somewhat hard, ornate headband (it was stiff enough that it could flip up on its side); he wearing a thin orange elastic band.

As they enter the livingroom, she announces their presence, "It's the Princess and Jesus!"

I looked at her, a little shocked (I'm thinking Jesus?, how ya figure?).

So she 'clears things up', "I'm the Princess & Bubby is Jesus."

I must have still been wearing my look of confusion because she walked over to him, placed her hand on his hairband & explained to me,

"It's a halo."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, I LOVE IT! "It's a halo, Mom. Duh! What else would it be? Jesus didn't wear headbands!!"

Anonymous said...

Those GRANDs of mine are the BEST!