1.07.2008

LUV

“Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” (Ephesians 5:1-2)
That scripture was provided by my verse o' the day on my side bar...
over there (imagine arrow).
I've been thinking lots. About my personality. My demeanor (sometimes vicious if I may confess).
The fact that I've always prided myself on my honesty, frankness, crudeness, (do I have to keep going?).
First of all, it's not that great to be prideful about anything...but especially those things. yikes.
What must I give up, for God to work in my life?
Read yesterday's post. I was angry. I wanted revenge. Granted, my feelings were valid, and I felt responsibility for my family, but why couldn't I just go to sleep & let it go?
Do I love enough? Let me say, my life oozes with love. I don't need to mention again how much I love my husband. And I love my kids so much it hurts. And you wouldn't believe how much I love all children. The kids at church, I'd do anything for.
And I love food too, in case you hadn't noticed.
But do I live a life of love?
Do I? Really?
So, do I show love everywhere I go? All the time? To everyone? EveryONE?
I think what I make the mistake of doing, pretty commonly actually, is pick & choose what I want to obey out of the bible. You know, the easy ones, like not killing people (altho I considered it yesterday morning, see previous post), and going to church (kinda my job), oh yah-and the one about not fornicating -- I don't do that. But what about the hard ones... like loving. Oh boy, just talking about the changes I need to make ... I'm starting to squint my left eye up like a pirate.
But self, this is not optional.
And if there was one thing that Jesus did all the time, to everyone, all of the time, it was love.

No comments: