I absolutely HATE throwing things away (which is why I'm the recycling Nazi right now).
Even/Especially photos.
So, imagine when it came time to get rid of the old cell phone. We had no means to transfer the photos to the computer. I had all these photos, 1/2 I'd taken, the other 1/2 Flynn had taken. Lots from when Gabe was brand new.
How could I possibly delete them? I had to though. What would I do? Tacky I know, but I took a picture OF them. A picture of a picture. Stupid, I know. But somehow it soothed the hoarder in me.
And here they are, in all their low-resolution, blurry & glared, glory.
Here is a photo I snapped while pushing the cart at Home Depot (incidently, where Flynn would later say was her city):

Here is a photo Flynn took of me:

Here's photos from Flynn's hospital stay over the summer, check out how swollen her forehead (between her eyes) is:


Brand new Gabe:


Flynn, self portrait:

The tornado, just 5 miles from here,
BTW, that is a car, sitting where the upstairs of
a house USED TO BE:

This might be the most charming photo of Jeff,
I've ever seen. Here he is cleaning spilled juice from
under the oven:

Here is Flynn & her obsession with Elmo, and flip-flops:



Flynn, car seat, santa fe (man I miss that car):

And, last but not least, the two kidney stones I passed.
The first one is the one I passed 3 weeks before Gabe was born.
The 2nd one, I passed 10 days before he was born.
They're next to a dime.

So, now I feel better. I shared them. They're not just lost in the pergatory of deleted photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment