5.11.2008

All I Want For Mother's Day

....is still asleep, lying in their beds.
And I can honestly say, that I think I'm the luckiest woman on the face of the earth. If my life ended today, I for sure have everything I've ever wanted & my life is complete.

This was our first "baby". And I have to say that in this case, puppies are a bit more difficult than human babies. Marley went to a new home when Flynn was one & we learned of her severe dog allergy.

This was Jeff & I at the House of Blues, our last trip without a kid in tow (well, one was in tow, but the 'easy' way). We were waiting in line to see Ziggy Marley.


When Flynn was born, via emergency C-section, I got to briefly hold her while they wheeled us back to recovery (in the bed). I didn't get to hold her again (except for a brief moment where I unsuccessfully tried to nurse her but she wasn't interested since she couldn't breathe), until she was a week old, & freshly off 1/2 her wires & tubes.
I'll never forget that moment, EVER. We were finally getting to bond & I'll always remember how our eyes locked & she gazed at me until she fell asleep.


We were so excited when we came in the morning of this photo, and she was wearing only her heart monitor. We knew we were one step closer to bringing our baby girl home!


Happy First Bday Flynn!

My very swollen & very pregnant (8 mos) belly, with our boy bakin' away inside.

We meet Gabe.
Flynn meets Gabe.


It was so surreal to me the night after I had Gabe. Being able to actually have my baby with me! I didn't sleep for like days after I had him.

This was one day when Flynn was at Nana's. I spent the whole afternoon playing with Gabe. When you're the 2nd kid, you're not real familiar with uninterrupted time with your Momma.

When Flynn was 8 months old, I was pregnant again. We lost that baby. Now we can anticipate being reunited with him or her in heaven.

Life's not easy when you're a mom. You'll never be the same. Your heart gets broken. You don't go long between cries. You find yourself a lot more tender than you were before. But it's a change I thank God for. The hard work of taking care of 2 little people who can't take care of themselves, the loud house, then toys everywhere. I wouldn't trade them for the world.



And now, these handsome kids seem to be all my life has known. What a blessed life with them.
Happy Mother's Day to my mom, to my mom in law, to all the women who are blessed to be a momma.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a WONDERFUL post! I echo your sentiments about your children: I feel the same way. How great to read a quick version of your journey to motherhood. I had goosebumps the whole time. Happy Mother's Day, Amy!!

Lakeville Vertical said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I especially love your belly shots. You've got a great pregnant belly! Look at Flynn meeting Gabe-how cute is that?
Blessings to you this Mother's Day-you are such an inspiration to me and I thank God for sending me your way!

Angela said...

That was so beautiful, Amy. I loved seeing those pictures! And you have such a way with words.

You have the cutest kids ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy mother's day to one of my favorite mommas.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What wonderful pictures of you and your family. I especially love the picture of you and your husband after Gabe was born. :) Your faces say it all...
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

4under3 said...

Flynn has to be the cutest newborn...ever! I'm sure you agree. I loved reading of your journey in motherhood. God really knew what he was doing--writing out the first Mother's Job Discription.