5.01.2008

You Don't Say

A lot of times when I mean to write "barely", I accidentally write "barfly". And, sometimes I wonder how accidental it really is.

Another funny thing - when we built in this subd 6 yrs ago, we learned all our neighbors' names. And since then, about 1/2 of them have moved on, selling their homes to the current owners. The weird thing about hot hubs & I is that we still call those homeowners (the current ones), by the old owners' names.
So,
to whoever lives in Dan's; Ben & Rhonda's; Matt & Vicki's; Miranda & Josh's; & the Mexicans (who literally crossed the border to live here in this humble community), we say,
Welcome.
And please don't be offended if we don't learn your name.
We won't be here long.

6 comments:

Lakeville Vertical said...

You so funny!
Moving plans?
How's the hunt for a job going?

Amy said...

We'll be moving as soon as we can. Closer "in" - to omit those daily drives!!

Angela said...

I love the way you think.

Your blog is so entertaining ;)

Lakeville Vertical said...

Commutes are a killer. My hubby has an hour drive each way and we've thought about moving but we like our schools here better. So he sacrifices. Thanks for the comments on my post. Yes, Autumn's shirt was huge. She is a small thing and it went past her knees. It probably still does.She is my smallest kid. Happy weekend to you!

Unknown said...

Love the name concept. And your new profile photo is delightful!
Happy Week-end!

Rachel said...

That is too funny! We have the same situation in our neighborhood! And now we are moving!