Yep, that's me.
Like every other mom, I think the stuff that flies from my kids' mouths (save for vomit & chewed up food) is STELLAR & hilarious & intelligent.
So, here's the part where I document it because we all know that momma's brains become mush & there's so little we remember. And I don't want to forget a thing.
Yesterday, we were outside in the 85 degrees playing our little hearts out. I grabbed us bottles of cold water. Flynn unscrewed hers & started chugging away. She took a breather & said, "Phew. This is sure refreshing on a hot day like today."
I laughed & laughed & tried to burn it into my brain. But apparently, at dinner when I retold it to Jeff, I was a little bit wrong & she corrected me. Because she has a snap shot brain like her dad's; wherein she remembers quotes of movies & quotes of herself.
Some other noteworthy things I've heard her say in the last few days:
"Mom, this is amazing."
"I'm mad at you. I'm going to turn around so you can't see me." (don't explain to her that just because she can't see me that I can't see her)
"Oh look at bubby. What a cute little baby."
"Mom, you know this picture where Bubs is in your tummy & I'm kissing it? Was he born the next day?"
"Pink is my favorite color. I reeeeally like it."
"Mom, I do NOT like riding in the cart."
"I don't like having long hair. I want to get mine cut."
"Momma, would you call Grammy & tell her that I like going to her house?....
I want to spend the night with her. Mom, next time can I spend more than one dark nap there? And go to Nana's too?
I like both of those places....
can I spend THREE NIGHTS at both of those places?
I like spending three seconds at places (somehow nights converted into seconds), I never get to. I want to." (I think Grammy & Nana would prefer 3 seconds over 3 nights anyway)
And, I can't brag on my girl, without bragging on my boy.........................
Who thinks the word for DOG is "Woocy" (woocy = Lucy, Grammy's dog)...I think this is due to the fact that he knew her as a baby, before he got exposure to any other dogs.
He even calls a hot DOG a woocy.
Pee-Pee Pot is what he dubbed sitting on the potty, a long time ago. So much for the 'correct' words we taught Flynn (restroom, etc.). I have a feeling he's not going to use the anatomical terms that we use around here.
The bedtime routine is completely dictated by him. Typically, Daddy tucks him in, I tuck in Flynn. He tells daddy, "Down" for him to put his head on Gabe's pillow. And when he's tired, he'll just cut things short & say "Go" or "Bye" & point to his door.
He rides his horse & yells "YEE-HAWWWWWW!!" I need to get him boots & a hat.
He sings Itsy Bitsy Spider & Twinkle Twinkle...and bless his pea-pickin' heart. All I have to say is thank God he can carry a tune. Otherwise, I'm not totally sure we'd understand what song he is singing.
He knows his colors, has for a while now, but we're just now getting to the point of understanding which color is which. For a while, everything sounded like BLUE.
And, we're sooo close to be officially trained. He has been in undies during all his waking hours, all week. And save for Tues., where he both poo'ed AND pee'ed in his undies (numerous times) for my BFF who was visiting, he has done excellently. He yells "PEE PEE POT!!!!!!!!" and takes off trucking down the hall to the bathroom. I figure we'll save a good $40 each month (cable/satelite anyone?, just kidding) once he's fully trained. Of course, this week, what we've saved in diapers, we've spent on water to wash the bajillion soiled underwear. Or to replace the pair I *CUT* off of him & threw away.
Let's just say, some stuff should never go through the washer. ;)
5.30.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL many times - funny post - great way to 'save for the future' the 'words straight from our babe's mouths' ;-)
Grammy
Oh those are adorable. I love to hear what comes out of their mouths! We're coming along really well with Alysa too. It can be so hard for them, but I'm also doing really well not getting frustrated with her. That can be hard too!
Post a Comment