5.29.2008

The Part Where I Want to Kick Someone In the Throat

...on account of reading some of the comments posted here. In response to our MLB stadium making a decision to open a peanut free section (ONE section) at one of the games this season (ONE game), they opened the question up to some the fine (using the term loosely) readers on their site.

Some people still think that parents of allergy kids are overreacting & blowing things out of proportion.
I wish those people had been around the evening last summer when Flynn's airway closed. And then I could've jammed the giant needle of the epi-pen into their leg as well.

As I read, I thought to myself, 'Really? Are there really people that ignorant? Really?'

And then I commented. And so did Jeff. And I wanted to kick someone in the throat.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I just read every comment on that thread.


Wow. I was unaware that there are so many stupid people in this world. And apparently, they all live near STL.

Jenn said...

WOW! I'm ready to kick some booty too! How absolutely selfish and hateful some of the commenters were. And am I correct in my understanding that this would be for one game only? What the heck is the big deal then? What jerks!!!!!

Lakeville Vertical said...

Can I stand along side you and kick them in the throat also?!
I read all the comments and wanted to scream into the computer at the idiocy of some people. Seriously!!
I read yours and Jeff's comments and they are well written but I fear that those with small uneducated minds will never get the point. Bet they would change there tune if they were gasping for air or watching there child gasp for air. O.K. you know where I stand on the subject and I am not showing a good atttitude so I must stop my ramblings but thanks for bringing my attention to this. Hope you have a great weekend!

Ken and Amanda said...

WOW....I can't believe people's absolute stupidity! I really feel for you!