5.15.2008

Grace

This is an excerpt from Children's Ministry magazine & it's about the things that really matter when you're teaching a lesson to your kids.
I thought this was definitely worth blogging:

"....That's why grace is amazing. It's undeserved, unbelievable, and unfathomable. It flies in the face of justice. It dances on the graves of death. Grace enters the messy and murky. It's also our deepest spiritual need. We all hunger for grace."

Sure, probably the most popular hymn, or even song across the board for that matter - is AMAZING GRACE. But, I still don't think we talk about, think about, concentrate on grace near enough.

The more I read about it, or learn about it, the more the Holy Spirit reveals about it to me, the more I realize how much grace associates with sin. I mean, you can't have grace without it...what would you have to be graceful about?

And sometimes I think that's why lots of churches don't talk about it enough.

But they should. I'm a sinner. You're a sinner. And if you think you're not, you've got a lot to learn. I screw up all the time. All. the. time. And I have to rely on that grace every minute of the day. In every aspect of myself. In my marriage, my motherhood, my family, my friendship, my profession, & most importantly, my relationship with Christ.

I love that hot hubby & I were both brought up with a strong faith. We each brought to our relationship a strong love for God, a loyalty to Him, & a drive to pay homage to Him.
And you always want more for your kids, you want better... And I think what I would sprinkle into the mix of our faith(s) is grace. That no matter what we've done or not done in our lives, our pasts.... no matter how we screwed up yesterday, or this morning.... that it doesn't matter. He's not going to bless us less...or more.... His love is unchanging.

He's ours.
We're His.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I am a sinner and I would be a liar to say I wasn't, so yes you are so right. I actually screw up on a daily basis..... horrible I know. Nice post Amy.

On another note, I LOVE food too, and could marry it and have foods babies! YOu have 6 butts? WE I've got you beat I have not only 6 butts but 6 bellies, 4 chins, dimples and stretchmarks to prove it... I hate it. I just can't get used to this body that I never had before and have to live with now.

Anonymous said...

wonderfully said!

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!
Love the post. Good stuff.

The song wasn't actually 'the bunny song' so it won't show up in a search that way. You'll understand the connection if you can find a video. :)

Happy Friday!

Lakeville Vertical said...

Ian is dancing around to your music as I write-he apparently likes your music selection as much as I do! Thanks for posting this today-it's beautiful!