There is a 'skinny' drawer in the kitchen, that I kept 'baby things' in (bibs, spoons, medicine spoons, etc.). Then, when my oldest baby got bigger, I started keeping snacks in there that are safe for her. That way, if she gets permission, she can access the drawer for a safe & (sometimes) healthy snack.
Today she has the munchies. And after earning a marshmallow for cleaning up a mess that Gabe created, she said she was still hungry. I told her she could pick something from her drawer. After a recent allergy fair, I dumped our bag of allergy-friendly goodies. Among those were lots of kosher treats. She spied a tiny package (of about 6) m&m-knockoffs. She was THRILLED. We did our usual take a nibble, wait a few minutes to see if she reacts...then have at it. Well, she fortunately did well, then skipped & sang as she practiced such self-control - a nibble here, a nibble there. She made those little m&ms last forever.
And she was so thankful. She sidled beside me & said, "I'm so glad! Jesus made me a whole drawer of safe snacks!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Bless her little heart ;-) Grammy
I am so glad she didn't have a reaction! She's right-thank Jesus for that drawer. :)
That is the sweetest thing! She is so smart for such a young girl! I guess we were both blessed with beautiful and smart girls!!
Hi there, My name is Caleb and I had Mr. Perry this year for Science. Perry told me to watch one of the videos on your blog and (nosy me) I started reading some of the other posts. I just wanted to say, it is SO GREAT to see a happy family that is GENUINELY on fire for Christ! I can really see His light shining through your lives! Your children are being raised in such a great environment, I can definitely see them being used by Christ! I will continue praying that God uses your family to further His kingdom!
Bless God always,
Caleb Doyle - Galatians 2:20
Post a Comment