My MIL, who might be one of the best cooks I know, gave me this recipe. It appears to have been created as a dip, but MIL used as a side dish one evening & I fell in love.
It's a cool side dish, perfect for 95 degree days wrapped in 100% humidity.
Here it is in all its corny glory:
Sherry’s BEAN Dip
1 can pinto beans (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can Mexican style corn (with green and red peppers (drained)
2 cans Rotelle w/Cilantro and Lime
A few green onions sliced or small red onion chopped
Approx. 2 Tablespoons Italian Dressing
Dashes of chili powder, cumin and garlic
Marinate all for several hours (longer the better)
Drain most of the juice
If desired add 1 cup (+/-) sharp cheddar or Monteray Jack cheese
I add a bit of salt and fresh cilantro
(Can be eaten as a side dish or as an appetizer with Scoops)
2 comments:
This sounds SOOOOO good and I am making it very soon. I don't know what "Rotelle" is, though...can you tell me? Thanks for sharing!!!
Oh yummy. This dip has just about EVERYTHING I consider a favorite of mine. That is, except peanut butter m&m's.
I can't wait to try it.
Post a Comment