6.18.2008

Giddy'Up!

I was invited along for a birthday celebration of a friend at church, who was turning '30'.
and where should a bunch of church girls go, but D&B's.
Back in our single &/or childless days, Jeff & I had some pretty good times there.
So many times, that we had racked up lots of 'points' on our D&B's card -- with no reason to spend them.
So when I added about a cool thousand to those points, I went to see my damage.
Imagine my shock (& everyone else's) when I realized I had enough points to buy the 3rd most expensive prize in the whole place....
This large stuffed, winny'ing, trotting, horse (cowboy not included):


I laughed hysterically, the rest of the night while I toted this around & out to the car, where I shoved it in the birthday girl's mom's trunk.

And because I didn't get home 'til about 2 am, I had to wait to show my kids the awesomeness. But it was well worth it, when they woke me at 7 am & I had this hiding in Daddy's bathroom.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooah, Nelly!! That horse looks like a REAL dog in this photo and it freaks me out to see Gabe riding it!!

Daddy has a bathroom!?

I made your MIL's bean/corn salad and it was DELICIOUS. I ate it for breakfast three days in a row. I am not kidding. Getting ready to make batch two. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks!

Oh, so congrats on winning enough points to get the black horse dog thing.

Anonymous said...

LOL at cowboy Bubs ;-) Yee-Haa!!!! XOXO, Grammy

Lakeville Vertical said...

Looks like fun! Glad you got our and had a great time-horse and all.

Anonymous said...

That is some handsome cowboy there riding high in his skivvies!

Nana

Sue said...

Bet the kid were glad you had a girl's night out! :)

Ken and Amanda said...

That is a great pic! Ride em' cowboy Gabe!!

Anonymous said...

oh how fun!!! my boys would LOVE it!